The year is getting to an end. In our office people are getting a little nervous, and not just because of the coming holidays.. The annual tax returns 2015 are due, the deadline is March 31st 2016. For most accountants in Bulgaria this means the next three months dynamic days full of challenges, the busy days are coming.
The annual tax return is a big job, but not the only tax in Bulgaria to take into consideration. Here you will find the tax calendar 2016, with all the the due dates. There are annual, quarterly and monthly deadlines to keep in mind. When you are not sure about your company or personal taxes leaves us a message in the form under the tax calendar 2016. That’s what we are here for!
Tax calendar 2016
- filing a declaration under article 61n of LTFA (Local Taxes and Fees Act) for taxation of the annual Licence Tax for the current year
- Self-insured people can fill a declaration if they want to change the type of insurance for the ongoing year (to include the risk “common sickness and maternity” or to exclude if already existing).
- filing an annual CITA declaration (Corporate Income Tax Act) and paying the owed Corporate tax.
- filing an annual PITA declaration (Personal Income Tax Act) and paying the owed personal income tax.
- filing a report concerning paid income (different from labour contracts)
- paying the first installment for the Transport vehicle tax and the Immovable property tax.
- Paying the second installment for the Motor vehicle tax and the Immovable property tax.
Any taxpayer, who or which prepays the amount of tax due for the whole year from March 1st to April 30th, enjoys a rebate of 5 per cent of the amount of tax due.
Filing a declaration under article 55, paragraph 1 of PITA and a declaration under article 201, paragraph 1 of CITA and paying the owed declared taxes from the previous quarter. Tax for the incomes from civil contracts, rents, dividends, Withholding tax etc. are included.
- for the first quarter: on or before the 30th day of April;
- for the second quarter: on or before the 31st day of July;
- for the third quarter: on or before the 31st day of October.
- for the fourth quarter: on or before the 31st day of January next year;
Article 61p. The licence tax shall be remitted in four equal payments, as follows:
- for the first quarter: on or before the 31st day of January;
- for the second quarter: on or before the 30th day of April;
- for the third quarter: on or before the 31st day of July;
- for the fourth quarter: on or before the 31st day of October.
Any person who pays the full amount of the tax on or before January 31st enjoys a rebate of 5 per cent of the amount of tax due.
- issuing a monthly report on the fiscal devices in trading posts concerning the previous month
- filing a Value Added Tax Law (VAT) declaration and paying the tax
- filing a VIES (VAT Information Exchange System) declaration and paying the tax
- filing an Intrastat declaration and paying the tax
- monthly corporation tax advance payments. Applies only for companies with revenues from sales above 3 millions BGN and which have declared expectations for profit for the year
- declaring and paying insurance installments for the previous month
- filing a specimen 7 declaration for people who had to be self-insured for the previous month
If the deadline happens to be on Saturday or on Sunday then for a deadline will be considered the next working day.