VAT in Bulgaria
Newly registered companies do not automatically enter the VAT system; your company has neither obligations nor rights concerning VAT in Bulgaria.
Registering for VAT becomes compulsory when;
- Your company has more than 50’000 BGN turnover over the last 12 months.
- Your company has business outside of Bulgaria. You send invoices to countries other than Bulgaria.
You can voluntarily register your company for VAT at any time and at any turnover. This option is preferable for most companies.
- The VAT rate in Bulgaria is currently 20%.
- The VAT on Tourism services is 9%.
- The VAT on deals in most other EU-countries is 0%.
For information on other taxes in Bulgaria check here: Taxation in Bulgaria